Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Paleo Waldorf Salad



Please forgive the truly awful picture this morning. It really looked much more appetizing in reality...I love the sweet crunch of Waldorf salad, unfortunately, if you get it in a deli or restaurant, you cannot control the ingredients and the combination of mayo and sugar can be dangerous! This is my own version, and I have to say it turned out really well. We had it with roast chicken and it was the perfect compliment.

Paleo Waldorf Salad

1 large apple, minced
1/2 cup walnuts, toasted and chopped roughly
1 cup organic broccoli slaw
1 cup organic shredded carrots
1/2 cup raisins

Dressing:
1/4 cup homemade Paleo Mayo
1/4 cup water
1 T. dijon mustard
1 T. apple cider vinegar

Mix dressing ingredients together, whipping with wisk to combine thoroughly and set aside. Toss together apple, walnuts, broccoli, carrot, raisins, and walnuts and toss with dressing.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sara. It's a long time since I made any coleslaw, but when I did I always used to grate plenty of broccoli into it. Other people thought it was a bit mad, but it tastes so good that way!

    I also always use cider vinegar and whole grain dijon mustard in any dressing I do. They are the vital ingredients.

    And that picture looks good. I can almost taste it!

    Bearfriend xx

    ReplyDelete