The Road goes ever on and on
Down from the door where it began.
Now far ahead the Road has gone,
And I must follow, if I can,
Pursuing it with eager feet,
Until it joins some larger way
Where many paths and errands meet.
And whither then? I cannot say.
That is my favorite quote from Lord of the Rings, and so appropriate for this week since I won my Fitbit New Zealand badge this week for having walked the distance from the Shire to Mordor, 990 miles which also happens to be the length of New Zealand. By my calculations the Hobbits took a longer route, so this 990 miles would be as the Nasgul flies perhaps?
So this week neither of us lost weight, and in fact we gained back a pound each. It has been a very stressful week and there was rum involved. This week will be easier, plus I think I am going to ramp up my walking after being inspired by A Simple Walk Into Mordor. I do not want blisters on my toes next year when we do the North Downs Way. We both need to be comfortable walking 13 miles a day. I should probably start breaking in my walking shoes now...
No comments:
Post a Comment